Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

runnerpaul
Regular Visitor

Combining data from two charts into one

Hi,

I have the below two charts:

charts.JPG

Each sales person is a member of a sales group but currently the only way I know how to show data for both is in two separate charts. Is there any way I can show both sales group and sales person in the one chart?

Thanks

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @runnerpaul,

Based on my test, you can place both Sales Person and Sales Group field in Pie chart and Donut chart.  You can set Sales Person as Legend and Sales Group as Details. And turn on the legend. See:

a1.PNGa2.PNG

You can see each color represents each SalesTerritoryGroup instance, and in each SalesTerritoryGroup instance, there are many SalesTerritoryRegion values. You can have a look at attached .PBIX file.

Reference:

Tutorial: Doughnut charts in Power BI

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @runnerpaul,

Based on my test, you can place both Sales Person and Sales Group field in Pie chart and Donut chart.  You can set Sales Person as Legend and Sales Group as Details. And turn on the legend. See:

a1.PNGa2.PNG

You can see each color represents each SalesTerritoryGroup instance, and in each SalesTerritoryGroup instance, there are many SalesTerritoryRegion values. You can have a look at attached .PBIX file.

Reference:

Tutorial: Doughnut charts in Power BI

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
hemantsingh
Helper V
Helper V

Hi paul...

Have you tred matrix visual ??

I guess that will solve your issue as per my understanding. You are trying to make a 3 dimensional chart i.e one axis for sales group,one axis for sales person & one for sales. Most of the charts/visual you will find are 2 dimensional. I guess matrix is the only visual where you can take 3 things/commodities into consideration. I may be wrong but this is what i have understood from your requirement.

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.