Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ephramz
Helper II
Helper II

Combining Table

I have two tables

1) Table 1

Column name: (Strategy), (Repair Scheme), (Engine Type), (Package), and otehr columns

2)Table 2:
Column name: (Strategy), (FRS), (EngType), (Package Code), and otehr columns

The 4 columns listed for both table have values that corresponds to each other.

In table 2, I have this column called T1Pack.
I wish to create a new measure in Table 1 such that it have this new column T1Pack

How can I go about doing this. What is the DAX expression for this?

Help is appreciated. 

6 REPLIES 6
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ephramz 

Your data model may be complex. Could you share a sample file with us? We need to know what your data model looks like.  You can share a screenshot with the result you want, this will make it easier for us  to understand your requirement.

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Shahfaisal
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

From what your describing, it suonds like you need a calculated column, not a calulcated measure. 

Calculated Column: T1Pack = RELATED(Table2[T1Pack])

Calculated Measure: Just use whatever aggregation you need in the DAX expression (e.g. SUM(T1Pack))

Please note that both the approaches assume that there is relationship/join between the two tables.

If you take a look at the picture below,

I have two tables, with what I described earlier.

I wish to create a measure such that it relate the values between the two table, and from the value in [T1Pack] i wish to minus the value from another measure [PBI(Average) Time]

ephramz_0-1631361468564.png

[PBI(Average) Time] is a measure and T1Pack looks like a column with text values. How do you intend to do the subtraction?

Table ENGG VW_TRM and  Table TRM Tk1 Pack CTL#7 have related columns (Strategy), (Repair Scheme) , (Engine Type) and (Package). Table TRM Tk1 Pack CTL #7 has the column named (T1Pack) which has the values I want. 

As my previous measures are based off the columns in ENGG VW_TRM table, I wish to create a measure to grab the values in TRM Tk1 Pack CTL #7 table by cross-checking the related columns and then use that data to minus off the values in the measure [Average Time] to get the calculations.

It would be much easier if you posted sample data (not images) from both tables. You can create the data in Excel and just paste it in you post.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.