Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dyee4613
Helper I
Helper I

Combining Post Date and Date Worked

Hi.  I have a report that takes financial information (which goes by posted date) and productivity which is done based on date worked.  This will always be 4 days after.  

Ex: 1/1/2018 to 1/7/2018 post date will be 1/11

Is there a way to do this so I don't have to have two filters?  Ideally, I'd like to put in 1/1 to 1/7 for date worked and I'd be able to also apply a filter from 1/5 to 1/11.  

2 REPLIES 2
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @dyee4613,

Your request is not very clear, please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490 (courtesy of @Greg_Deckler).

However please help me clarify somethings, is your information in two different tables (Financial and Productivity) each one with their own date column, or are they in the same column and sharing the date column?

Can you also share some sample data and expected result.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Table 1: Date Worked, contract, Units

Table 2: Posted date, contract, amount

I created a table (visual, not backend) that shows the cost per unit which takes the amount from table two and divides it by units.  As posted date and date worked are unique, I have to use two filters one to filter the units and another to filter the amount.  My question is that since both dates have a linear relationship (if I know the date range for date worked, I can tell you the ddate range for posted date) is there a way to combine them into a single filter.  

IE: If I select 1/1/2018 to 1/4/2018 for date worked, it will automatically filter the post-date to 1/5/2018 to 1/9/2018.  Is that clearer?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.