Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Teodor_TRU
Frequent Visitor

Combining Filter function? Running Total

Context:
Building a burndown chart with a list of tasks based on their due dates. These snags have certain ID's so I have to count them.
I am trying to build a baseline (a line to show predicted completion of tasks) and have only been able to link them to their due dates (x axis)

This greatly skewes my graph as I do not have consistent due dates.

I tried creating a new table with dates and creating a relationship between all the dates and the due dates. When I do this my cumulative curve goes awol.

Bassicallly what im trying to do is go from this:

RunningTotal = 
CALCULATE    ([Count of Tasks],
FILTER ( ALL ( task_summary[Due Date] ), task_summary[Due Date] <= MAX ( task_summary[Due Date] )))

To a combination of these two.

RunningTotal = 
CALCULATE (
[Count of Tasks],
FILTER ( ALL ( '2017' ), '2017'[Date] <= MAX ( '2017'[Date] ) ))

++++++++

CALCULATE (   
[Count of Tasks],
FILTER ( ALL ( task_summary[Due Date] ), task_summary[Due Date] <= MAX ( task_summary[Due Date] )))

Is there a way to combine the filter ?
Any other way to do this?

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Teodor_TRU,

If these tables contain the relationships, you can try to directly add the filter to current formula:

RunningTotal = 
CALCULATE (   
[Count of Tasks],
FILTER ( ALL ( task_summary[Due Date] ), task_summary[Due Date] <= MAX ( task_summary[Due Date] )),
FILTER ( ALL ( '2017' ), '2017'[Date] <= MAX ( '2017'[Date] ) ))

If they not contain the relationship, you should add the relationship first.(e.g. create a relationship between these tables and calendar table).

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

If only it was that simple :P.

I tried that already and it doesn't work. When I used what you just mentioned, it doesn't stay cumulative. It just dips whenever a certain task goes past its due date but then the baseline returns back to its maximum. I want the changes in it to be permanent.

Capture.PNG

Hi @Teodor_TRU,

If you can please share us a sample file to test. It will help to modify your formula.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.