Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lon0316
Regular Visitor

Combined Table - Query Editor Refreshes But Dataset Doesn't

So, I used Table.Combine to combine to like tables and it worked fine.  When I refresh all data in Query Editor the combined table shows updated information.  When I do a close and apply and go look in the data window, I see the table didn't update.  The only change I made was to the column labeled "Targets"  The old targets were 100% and that's where it seems to be stuck in the data and visualizations windows.  Yes I hit refresh everywhere from the data window, query editor, relationship window, ....  I'm not getting any error messages but I can see the table didn't update.  I better mention:  Yes, the combined table is marked to enable load and to include in report refresh.

Here's the image in query editor showing the target should now be 90%

data query window.PNG

In the Data window you can see it's stuck at 100% which was the old target.

data window.PNG

I'll be sure to watch for responses and mark the one that works.  Thank you so much. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lon0316
Regular Visitor

Though I didn't get any responses do directly fix my problem, I was able to figure it out myself.  It turned out that the data type for my actuals column in each table needed to be formatted with a type such as percentage in order for the combined table to update that column.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
lon0316
Regular Visitor

Though I didn't get any responses do directly fix my problem, I was able to figure it out myself.  It turned out that the data type for my actuals column in each table needed to be formatted with a type such as percentage in order for the combined table to update that column.

v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lon0316

Go to query editor >advanced editor:

Annotation 2020-05-27 095715.png

Check whether your added steps have been written inside:

Annotation 2020-05-27 095939.png

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.