Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MExtross
Helper I
Helper I

Combined Graphs

Hello! I wanted to know if it is possible to combine a stacked bar graph and a clustered bar graph? For example, have the clustered bars showing values for 2016 and 2017 and having the stacked part showing values for "yes" and "no" for that year...

5 REPLIES 5
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @MExtross,

Could you please share your sample table for further analysis? Based on my understanding, you don't need to combine two visuals, just use stacked bar graph, put year field as X-Axis, the field including "Yes" or "No" as Legend, then you can get expected result.

I create the following sample table.

1.PNG

Create a stacked bar graph as follows, showing values for 2016 and 2017 and having the stacked part showing values for "yes" and "no" for that year.

2.PNG

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi @v-huizhn-msft,

My apologies! I realize I was very vague in my example.

The problem is that I would like the data sorted on a monthly basis as well. So the x-axis would be the month, the bars in the clustered part woulf be 2016 and 2017, and the stacked part would show the values of yes or no...

I have this on excel but am unable to copy the formatting in power bi.

Thanks,

Maegan

Hi @MExtross,

Based on my understanding, we can't achieve the requirement in Power BI desktop. Could you please post a screenshot of you got in excel?

Best Regards,
Angelia

Capture saf.PNG

Hi @v-huizhn-msft,

I have included an image of the graph created on excel.

Thanks,

Maegan

Hi @MExtross,

I create sample table and test, the combined graphs are not supported until now. There is a feature request here, please review and vote it.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.