Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ksrini
Frequent Visitor

Combine two waterfall charts

Requesting experts to suggest an idea to solve this. I have 2 waterfall charts to be clubbed into one. Below is the data sample data. In first waterfall, i want to show yearly count data ( in the middle of bar) and cumulative total in the second one (outside of bar) as shown in below image. I tried working with background and colors to make it white in the 2nd chart and overlay it on the first waterfall. But i am not able to make the white bars transparent and i tried line chart to overlay on waterfall chart. But unable to get proper alignment between the 2 charts. I explored marketplace but not able to find one. Is there any workaround solution that you are aware of ? or if there is a way to solve this, could you please let me know ? 

YearCountCumulative Count

ksrini_0-1652710301285.png

Thanks,

Srini

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ksrini ,

You need to turn off the background of the visuals to make them transparent, and then resize the line graphs so they overlap. 

vkkfmsft_0-1652939421300.png

Or you can try to use the Ultimate Waterfall custom visual, but it will have a watermark and the position of the data labels of the line graph cannot be adjusted.

vkkfmsft_1-1652939853304.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.
Best Regards,
Winniz
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ksrini ,

You need to turn off the background of the visuals to make them transparent, and then resize the line graphs so they overlap. 

vkkfmsft_0-1652939421300.png

Or you can try to use the Ultimate Waterfall custom visual, but it will have a watermark and the position of the data labels of the line graph cannot be adjusted.

vkkfmsft_1-1652939853304.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.
Best Regards,
Winniz
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.