Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Combine two tables (many to many relation problem)

Hi all,

I would like to see how many distinct A,B,C buying customers there have been in each month.

Then i want to see how many customer meetings have been booked per A,B,C customer in each month.

Finally i want to calculate:

number of meetings booked / number of distinct buying customers 

per country per month and per ABC category.

I have 3 tables

"Meetings" = Table with records of booked meetings with customers (22.000 rows)

"Buying Customers" = Table with records of each item order transaction (1.350.000+ rows) 

"SO Profit Category" = It's a table made for sorting purposes to order A,B,C customers. 

A,B,C customers are in the field: Profit Category

Business Unit and Country2 is the country name. They are 100% spelled same way in both tables. 

But i can't join these two tables as i want. And i don't know what to do to fix it 😞 

kolovez_0-1634298498782.png

kolovez_1-1634298756141.png

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe i am approaching this problem incorrectly - its not about connecting tables? 

The customers don't necessarily have to be the same customers.

Its just number of meetings held with ANY A customer

divided by

number of meetings budget (which is same as number of distinct A buying customers per month per country).

So the specific customer don't matter only whether its an A, B or C customer and their country. 

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Bring A,B,C customers from Profit Category to Customer, but that would only be one values

example : correct column names

Maxx(filter('Profit category', 'Profit category'[Business Unit] = customer[Business Unit] && 'Profit category'[Country2] = customer[Country]), [A,B,C customers])

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors