Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

LarsThomas
Frequent Visitor

Combine two date columns in one filter - both dates are in the same table

Hello,

So I have two dates in one table "Transaction Date" and "settled date". Everything works fine with my report, but I have to have two slicers to get the result that I want, and I always have to set both slicers with the exact same dates.

Is there any way I can get one filter/slicer that filters my selection two different date columns from the same table?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
OwenAuger
Super User
Super User

Hi there,

There is a recent feature that allows you to sync slicers in groups, including slicers on different columns.

(see here)

1. Create slicers on each of the Transaction Date & Settled Date columns (or whichever date-related column you wanted to filter on)
  2. In the Sync Slicers pane under Advanced Options, enter the same Group name for each slicer
  3. Then you can hide one of the slicers so the user just needs to control one.

Regards,

Owen

Owen Auger
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Blog
Twitter
LinkedIn

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
bastik
Frequent Visitor

@OwenAuger  How do you hide a slicer?

@bastik @Visibility of visuals is controlled in the Selection Pane.

Select the slicer, View > Selection, then click the eye symbol next to the slicer in the Selection Pane.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-grouping-visuals#hide-and-show-visu...

Owen Auger
Blog
Twitter
LinkedIn
OwenAuger
Super User
Super User

Hi there,

There is a recent feature that allows you to sync slicers in groups, including slicers on different columns.

(see here)

1. Create slicers on each of the Transaction Date & Settled Date columns (or whichever date-related column you wanted to filter on)
  2. In the Sync Slicers pane under Advanced Options, enter the same Group name for each slicer
  3. Then you can hide one of the slicers so the user just needs to control one.

Regards,

Owen

Owen Auger
Blog
Twitter
LinkedIn

HI,

There is another option for the same resualt? like DAX?

Regards 

Hi.

If I want to syncronize filters in OR logic  conjunction?

This worked great, thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.