Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BBIUser
Helper IV
Helper IV

Combine rows when filter selection or value is 'Select all' in the SLICER

Hi,

I tried few solutions and showing combined records in a table based on the filter selection for 'Select All' was not possible. Does anyone have a solution? Here is my scenario.

12.png

1st screenshot is the records from the existing table visual. NOTE: Sections Column is used only for testing. I have a Section SLICER with "Select all" and other values such as 1 to 5 and 6 to 10.

13.png

Expected result (2nd screenshot)

When I select "Select all" it should show the combined results into a single record as shown in 2nd screenshot . But when I select 1 to 5 or 6 to 10, it should show as in 1st screenshot (it should not combine those values).

​​

Appreciate your help. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BBIUser,

Current Power BI will automatically summarize them if the fields you selected have the same value.

Accordingly, when you select Selected all, it will show the combined results into a single record. (1st screenshot)

However, when you select 1 to 5 or 6 to 10, it will also show the combined results into a single record. (2nd screenshot)

If you set Total field as Dont summarize, it wont show the combined results into a single record when you select Selected all . (3rd screenshot)

In other words, these two conditions cant be met at the same time, so it is hard to achieve your requirement now.

Snapshots of testing result:

1.png2.png3.png

Best Regards,

Jack Chen

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BBIUser,

Current Power BI will automatically summarize them if the fields you selected have the same value.

Accordingly, when you select Selected all, it will show the combined results into a single record. (1st screenshot)

However, when you select 1 to 5 or 6 to 10, it will also show the combined results into a single record. (2nd screenshot)

If you set Total field as Dont summarize, it wont show the combined results into a single record when you select Selected all . (3rd screenshot)

In other words, these two conditions cant be met at the same time, so it is hard to achieve your requirement now.

Snapshots of testing result:

1.png2.png3.png

Best Regards,

Jack Chen

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the explaination @v-shex-msft Jack!

I wanted to make sure if my requirement is currently possible to achieve in Power BI or not and yes, I have implemented the solution as in 1st, 2nd and 3rd screenshot but in different pages.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.