cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BBIUser Member

Combine rows when filter selection or value is 'Select all' in the SLICER

Hi,

I tried few solutions and showing combined records in a table based on the filter selection for 'Select All' was not possible. Does anyone have a solution? Here is my scenario.

12.png

1st screenshot is the records from the existing table visual. NOTE: Sections Column is used only for testing. I have a Section SLICER with "Select all" and other values such as 1 to 5 and 6 to 10.

13.png

Expected result (2nd screenshot)

When I select "Select all" it should show the combined results into a single record as shown in 2nd screenshot . But when I select 1 to 5 or 6 to 10, it should show as in 1st screenshot (it should not combine those values).

​​

Appreciate your help. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Combine rows when filter selection or value is 'Select all' in the SLICER

Hi @BBIUser,

Current Power BI will automatically summarize them if the fields you selected have the same value.

Accordingly, when you select Selected all, it will show the combined results into a single record. (1st screenshot)

However, when you select 1 to 5 or 6 to 10, it will also show the combined results into a single record. (2nd screenshot)

If you set Total field as Dont summarize, it wont show the combined results into a single record when you select Selected all . (3rd screenshot)

In other words, these two conditions cant be met at the same time, so it is hard to achieve your requirement now.

Snapshots of testing result:

1.png2.png3.png

Best Regards,

Jack Chen

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin Sheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

For learning resources/Release notes, please visit: | |

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @BBIUser,

Current Power BI will automatically summarize them if the fields you selected have the same value.

Accordingly, when you select Selected all, it will show the combined results into a single record. (1st screenshot)

However, when you select 1 to 5 or 6 to 10, it will also show the combined results into a single record. (2nd screenshot)

If you set Total field as Dont summarize, it wont show the combined results into a single record when you select Selected all . (3rd screenshot)

In other words, these two conditions cant be met at the same time, so it is hard to achieve your requirement now.

Snapshots of testing result:

1.png2.png3.png

Best Regards,

Jack Chen

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin Sheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

For learning resources/Release notes, please visit: | |

View solution in original post

Highlighted
BBIUser Member

Thanks for the explaination @v-shex-msft Jack!

I wanted to make sure if my requirement is currently possible to achieve in Power BI or not and yes, I have implemented the solution as in 1st, 2nd and 3rd screenshot but in different pages.

Helpful resources

Announcements
October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Badges

Incoming: New and Improved Badges

Exciting news: We've given our badges an overhaul and added brand news ones.

Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Users Online
Currently online: 363 members 3,562 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: