cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
BBIUser Member

Combine rows when filter selection or value is 'Select all' in the SLICER

Hi,

I tried few solutions and showing combined records in a table based on the filter selection for 'Select All' was not possible. Does anyone have a solution? Here is my scenario.

12.png

1st screenshot is the records from the existing table visual. NOTE: Sections Column is used only for testing. I have a Section SLICER with "Select all" and other values such as 1 to 5 and 6 to 10.

13.png

Expected result (2nd screenshot)

When I select "Select all" it should show the combined results into a single record as shown in 2nd screenshot . But when I select 1 to 5 or 6 to 10, it should show as in 1st screenshot (it should not combine those values).

​​

Appreciate your help. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Combine rows when filter selection or value is 'Select all' in the SLICER

Hi @BBIUser,

Current Power BI will automatically summarize them if the fields you selected have the same value.

Accordingly, when you select Selected all, it will show the combined results into a single record. (1st screenshot)

However, when you select 1 to 5 or 6 to 10, it will also show the combined results into a single record. (2nd screenshot)

If you set Total field as Dont summarize, it wont show the combined results into a single record when you select Selected all . (3rd screenshot)

In other words, these two conditions cant be met at the same time, so it is hard to achieve your requirement now.

Snapshots of testing result:

1.png2.png3.png

Best Regards,

Jack Chen

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin Sheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

For learning resources/Release notes, please visit: | |

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @BBIUser,

Current Power BI will automatically summarize them if the fields you selected have the same value.

Accordingly, when you select Selected all, it will show the combined results into a single record. (1st screenshot)

However, when you select 1 to 5 or 6 to 10, it will also show the combined results into a single record. (2nd screenshot)

If you set Total field as Dont summarize, it wont show the combined results into a single record when you select Selected all . (3rd screenshot)

In other words, these two conditions cant be met at the same time, so it is hard to achieve your requirement now.

Snapshots of testing result:

1.png2.png3.png

Best Regards,

Jack Chen

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin Sheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

For learning resources/Release notes, please visit: | |

View solution in original post

BBIUser Member

Thanks for the explaination @v-shex-msft Jack!

I wanted to make sure if my requirement is currently possible to achieve in Power BI or not and yes, I have implemented the solution as in 1st, 2nd and 3rd screenshot but in different pages.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Users Online
Currently online: 63 members 890 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: