Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

timclaeys
Frequent Visitor

Combine multiple column outcomes in 1 matrix

I would like to compile 1 matrix that can combine different column outcomes for the measures, depending on the months.

For example, I want to show for January up to March the Actual outcomes of those measures, and for April up to December the Forecast outcomes. Ideally I want to be able to adjust those periods with a slicer so that next month for example it shows Actual for January - April and Forecast for May - December.

Currently I can compile the matrix with only 1 of the column outcomes, so that it shows the measure values for an entire year in the same column outcome (Actual, Budget, Forecast)

Matrix.png

I don't want to create 2 matrices (one for January - March Actual; and one for April - December Forecast) and line them up next to each other.

Does somebody know who to handle this? Is there maybe an option in current matrix visual settings that allows it, or does there exist a custom visual matrix that solves it?

Thanks.

Kind regards.

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@timclaeys,

Could you please share dummy data of your original table so that we can test?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuezhe-msft thanks for reaching out. I hope below table with dummy data will help you in testing. I have kept the number of columns limited, in reality the original table has many more columns but for this purpose not relevant.

G/L Account No is used for defining the measures Gross Revenue (1), Direct Expense (2), and Operating Expense (3). The EBITDA measure is a calculation of Gross Revenue (1) - Direct Expense (2)- Operating Expense (3).

For now there are entries with Reporting Type 'Actual' (column value) up until March, and entries with Forecast for the remainder of the year. Next month the table will include also 'Actual' entries for April, thus I must be able to adjust the outcome matrix to show January - April with 'Actual' values, and May - December with 'Forecast' values. The matrix must be able to show different values (Actual and Forecast) of the same column (Reporting Type) depending on Posting Date.

Thanks for your effort!

2018-03-27 11_24_35-Clipboard.png

Hello !

I know my answer is a bit late but can you create a concatenation of your Year-Month-Reporting type and then trigger the filters ?

Like only filtering those :

201801ACT 

201802ACT

201803ACT

201804BUD

201805BUD

201806BUD

201807BUD

201808BUD

201809BUD

201810BUD

201811BUD

201812BUD

But this has to be maintained every month... I do not know if there is a better solution really ...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.