Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jakoblerche

Combine month only data with daily data

I'm not really sure how to describe this the best. I have to combine two data sources and then compare them YoY and QoQ, one is our historic data that will be imported as a csv file with data in months format, ie "July 2020, sales $xxx, clients xxx", but we have recently switched to Salesforce and our newer data is therefor salesforce objects showing each sale with a data and sales amount. I can work out how to use the new data to show monthly data, but how do I combine it with the old data the best?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Migasuke
Super User
Super User

Hi @jakoblerche ,

I think you have two options:
1. Either create some conditional column, which would have a logic like "If contains January then put 01.01....If contains February then put 01.02.... etc"
Then you can combine your new "months" with the year from old column.
2. Create a sort of Bridge table, where you have Dates and column with old formating. So on one row you will find January 2020 and also 1.1.2020.

Let me know if it helped!

If my answer was helpful please give me a Kudos or even accept as a Solution.

Let's connect on LinkedIn!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jakoblerche

You got me thinking about it the right way, I ended up creating a new table that calculates each month from the main table based on new column that sums up year and month. Thanks!

Migasuke
Super User
Super User

Hi @jakoblerche ,

I think you have two options:
1. Either create some conditional column, which would have a logic like "If contains January then put 01.01....If contains February then put 01.02.... etc"
Then you can combine your new "months" with the year from old column.
2. Create a sort of Bridge table, where you have Dates and column with old formating. So on one row you will find January 2020 and also 1.1.2020.

Let me know if it helped!

If my answer was helpful please give me a Kudos or even accept as a Solution.

Let's connect on LinkedIn!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors