Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

raymondpocher
Advocate III
Advocate III

Combine a table and a matrix into one table viz

Hello Community,

I have once again a requirement from my stakeholders that I just dont know how to deal with. It is a combination of a table and matrix table. I can see the added value of such a visualization. I see that there is no way to do that in power bi. Do you happen to have an idea anyway?

Hier is an example of the wanted output:

Wanted OutputWanted Output

This is how the input sort of looks like.

Example of the inputExample of the input

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
3 REPLIES 3
raymondpocher
Advocate III
Advocate III

Thanks everyone!

@amitchandak  I have found your solution link to be best. Yet it is a pretty time consuming process. It would be great if Power BI integrates that as a standard. So I have voted for it. 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Creating-a-custom-or-hybrid-matrix-in-PowerBI/ba-p/1... 

If you holy power bi are reading this, please add it as a new feature soon!

mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

Please see this article (the 2nd part on Calculations Groups) for how to do this.

Building a Matrix with Asymmetrical Columns and Rows in Power BI - Excelerator BI

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.