cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
DouweMeer Member

Combine 2 tables based on a relationship

So I got a header info table and a line info table. The problem is the header info table contains sometimes multiple customers for the same contract. Each of this customer has its own record. Now I want 1 big table where these are all combined. For each contract line my intention there will be the same amount of records as there are customers. 

In theory this would end up as a per record a generate ( contract line , customers ).

To show a bit, below a little example. In green there is the contract line table. In red there is the header table. The result is supposed to be the blue one. 

For now I just thought of creating a generate on distinct customers vs the order lines. This would result in the orange square. Then I just add a dax expression, in purple, to verify whether one of the record is correct. 

Now my question, is there an easier way to do this than what I have in mind in the orange part to get the blue box? 

Untitled.pngUntitled2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HotChilli New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Combine 2 tables based on a relationship

Merge the tables in Power Query.

Inner Join on Contract

3 REPLIES 3
HotChilli New Contributor
New Contributor

Merge the tables in Power Query.

Inner Join on Contract

DouweMeer Member

Thank you for the suggestion. I will check it next week (my office time for this week has ran out). 

DouweMeer Member

@HotChilli 

Would it be possible to create a relationship for naturalinnerjoin to use between 2 VAR's? Userelationship won't allows me to use a table reference in combination with calculatetable. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Summit North America

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Users Online
Currently online: 305 members 3,115 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: