Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Combine 2 Stacked BAR CHARTS to show.

Hello there,

Is there any possibility to combine 2 Stacked BAR CHART so for example it will laiase together for example if 1 bar total is 10 and the other bar is 5.  "The bar with 5" will be shown smaller than 10. 

The thing is , we cannot have clustered and stacked bar charts together-

Can you please help?

Thank you,

Ahmet

Ahmet_Oz_1-1595926794926.png

Ahmet_Oz_0-1595926739595.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Anonymous 

As of now ,PowerBI doesn’t support  Stacked Clustered Column Chart,  you can vote for this idea.

As a workaround ,you can try this  custom visuals (you can only try the visual for free for a period of time)

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104381944?tab=Overview

26.png

This is the actual visualization I made:

27.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Drew865

Hi,

Late reply I know 😆

As far as I know this is still not possible natively in power bi with the basic visualisations. However, one of those visualisation options is R, where this is possible.

The sort of circumstance where you may want this is where one bar is ALWAYS going to greater than or equal to another (for instance, criminal charges should always be less than or equal to criminal instances) or when one bar represents a target, and the other progress toward that target, in which case the progress bar might surpass the target bar. In both cases I think this is a nice, concise way to represent the data.

Using ggplot2 I have been able to achieve this in two ways. Converting to plotly and straight up trying it with plotly did not work, so if anyone knows how to do that, let me know! With ggplot2,

1. With data in wide format try something like

dataset %>% ggplot(aes(x = category)) + geom_col(aes(y = target), fill = "colour of your choice") + geom_col(aes(y = progress),fill = "colour of your choice")

2. With data in long format it is easier and provides a legend, so this is preferable. Here "type" is the extra column where you distinguish between the types of instances of "value". In the example above the "type" column with be many rows of fields called "instances" and many rows of fields called "charges".

dataset %>% ggplot(aes(x = category, y = value, fill =  "type"))

I hope this gives someone a headstart on how to do this.

Drew

v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Anonymous 

As of now ,PowerBI doesn’t support  Stacked Clustered Column Chart,  you can vote for this idea.

As a workaround ,you can try this  custom visuals (you can only try the visual for free for a period of time)

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104381944?tab=Overview

26.png

This is the actual visualization I made:

27.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

I'm not certain that I'm understanding you correctly, but is your issue that the scale of the bars is the same even through the values are different? 

If that is the case you can manually change the Y-axis range in the formatting field:

image.png
Let me know how it goes,

J

Connect on LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.