Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Combination of two visualizations (matrix) to see them in one Excel file

Hi Power BI Developers!

Task: I need to combine two matrices (Matrix) into one to be able to export both tables with one click to one file in Excel.

In other words - my task is to build a report in such a way as to have the first table in excel and 4 rows with categories from the second table (in one file when exporting to excel).

My thoughts: at this point, Power BI doesn't offer many options for exporting data - we can only define the shape of the table and export it, but without major modifications.

Second thought - we are not able (I think, probably) to export two tables in one click. Then - how to combine two visualizations that consist of metrics (these are not raw data that can be merged...)

Power BI - Question.png

Best Regards,
Piotr

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry, you can not export multiple visuals to excel as of now. I would suggest you consider analyze in excel.

Create Excel workbooks with refreshable Power BI data - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

You can create an idea for this: Ideas (powerbi.com)

Meanwhile, you can workaround this issue by exporting Power BI report to PowerPoint or PDF.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.           

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for that. I will go with the option to analyze the data in Excel.

Br,
Piotr

v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry, you can not export multiple visuals to excel as of now. I would suggest you consider analyze in excel.

Create Excel workbooks with refreshable Power BI data - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

You can create an idea for this: Ideas (powerbi.com)

Meanwhile, you can workaround this issue by exporting Power BI report to PowerPoint or PDF.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.           

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.