Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Columns removed when no data present

Hi,

I am really new to the world of Power BI, so sorry if I am asking stupid questions. 

I am trying to use the matrix visualization to show a persons name in the row and day of the week in the column. This will be on a  wallboard which will be automatically updated day to day and is connected via SQL Server. I managed to figure out how to make dates appear as days of the week. 

The problem I am having is when I filter the information to show "in this week", if no one in the row has gained a sale in a particular day, the column is removed (as the screenshot shows), but I would like it to remain there. 

I have already searched and tried using "Show items with no data" in both the rows and columns , but sadly this does nothing. 

The values are gained by counting how many are in "App ready for credit check 2" 

The numbers that are currently appearing in the table are correct for this week. 

Thank you for any help you can give. 

Power BI.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Anonymous 

I didn't notice that From your screenshot, there is no dim Day of the week table that leads to this case.

So just create a dim Day of the week table and then create a relationship with FilteredLead table.

4.JPG

5.JPG

When create the visuals, please use Day of the week filed from Dim table instead of FilteredLead table.

Then use the above way and it should work well.

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you,

After some other messing around I had to do, both the Day of the week and + 0 solution worked.

v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Anonymous 

I didn't notice that From your screenshot, there is no dim Day of the week table that leads to this case.

So just create a dim Day of the week table and then create a relationship with FilteredLead table.

4.JPG

5.JPG

When create the visuals, please use Day of the week filed from Dim table instead of FilteredLead table.

Then use the above way and it should work well.

Best Regards,

Lin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

Thank you for looking at this. 

Sadly neither of those seemed to work. As mentioned before, I have tried using the "Show items with no data", but that does nothing. 

I have also tried measrue = SUM ( 'FilteredLead'[App Ready For Credit Check] ) + 0, but again it just causes an error. 

I think I will have to keep searching the wonderful Power BI forum's. 

v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Anonymous 

You could get it by enable Show items with no data in Power BI

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-show-items-no-data

or use a measure instead of drag the field into Value directly like:

measrue =
SUM ( 'FilteredLead'[App Ready For Credit Check] ) + 0

Best Regards,

Lin

jthomson
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Sounds like something that a simple +0 on the end of your measure would prevent

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.