Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rhborders
Helper I
Helper I

Columns not aligning unless aggregated

I am trying to put a column in my table that has a 1:1 relationship between its query and the query that houses the other columns in my table. Whenever I put the column in it does a complete table join and does not align the data. However when I put an aggrate function on the column such as "Sum" the data aligns. Any idea as to why this may be? 

1.PNG2.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

My desired output was to have the CustProdRep column and the Expected revenue column to be populated in both columns of row. The only way I was able to do this was by aggregating one of the columns by appling a function such as sum or count. I ended up resolving this issue by writing a SQL statement that did what I wanted so nothing had to be done in BI. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @rhborders,

I waas not clear about your problem. What do you mean "Align"? From above two images, it looks like that column [Expected Revenue] in both of them are align (the diplayed position?). What is your desired output?

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

My desired output was to have the CustProdRep column and the Expected revenue column to be populated in both columns of row. The only way I was able to do this was by aggregating one of the columns by appling a function such as sum or count. I ended up resolving this issue by writing a SQL statement that did what I wanted so nothing had to be done in BI. 

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Is the example that you are showing where it "aligns" or does not align? I'm not completely sure I understand what you mean by that.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

The image on the left shows that it aligns when I do a sum on the column. The right image is when there is no aggregate function and they do not align. I do not want to have to do an aggregated function on the column so that I dont not have the extra result row.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.