Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

JamesRalph

Columns in table reset formatting on data refresh

Hello!

I've set up a table visualisation with 5 'variation' columns formatted as percentages. When I refresh my dataset, I lose the formatting on those columns and they go back to the default auto format which removes the percentage. Weirdly the Quarter 1 variation column stays formatted but the other 4 don't! I have no idea what i've done differently! Any ideas? Cheers in advance

PowerBiWithoutPercent.JPGpowerBiWithPercent.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JamesRalph 

Please check your Q2 column, maybe the update data in this column is not percentage format.

1.png

In column1 0.1 is in decimal number format this will cause the result in decimal number format.

2.png

You can change the column format in Power Query Editor.

3.png

Or you can change the column format in column tool in report view.

3.png

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Hi @v-rzhou-msft,

Cheers for responding.

I checked both the query editor and table column settings but it's still resetting on data refresh. I'll throw some pictures below:

Query Editor

PowerBiQueryPercentage.JPG 

Table Column settings

2.JPG

Table column after percentage applied

3.JPG

I then hit refresh data on the table and the percentage is swapped back to general on the table column settings and the column swaps back to decimal.

4.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.