Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Chris99
Advocate III
Advocate III

Columns in Multi Row Card?

I am using multi row cards on some of my reports. Aggregated fields get displayed in a line with the the label underneath. However on each card there is a non-aggregated field, and instead of being in line with the others, it is displayed above the first field and emboldened. Although unexpected, this looks quite nice. A quick test has shown that the order or the fields does not change this behaviour.

However when the card is pinned to a dashboard all the fields are displayed in a line. I don't really care which is format is used, but the lack of consistency between dashboard and report in confusing users.

As an example, on the report I see

GBP

1,234,567.89         2,345,678.90

Net Amount             Total Amount

And on the dashboard I see

GBP            1,234,567.89         2,345,678.90

Currency      Net Amount             Total Amount

Can anyone provide any insights?

Thanks

Chris

5 REPLIES 5
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Chris99,

AFAIK, current tiles not support customize style which you setting on visuals.(they will lost when you pin visuals as dashboard tiles)

In my opinion, if you want to keep its style, please use 'pin live page' feature to keep visual customize and styles.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

@v-shex-msftThanks for replying.

I think there are two things here though.

The first is that I am setting some customized styles, such as the card title font size and colour. The fact that these are not kept is in itself very annoying, as having spent time polishing the reports to look nice I do not see why the dashboard then resolves to being plain and boring.

The second issue, which is the one I am highlighting, is that the default layout behaviour of the card and multi-row card is different between the report and the dashboard. The layout on the report is not due to any styling I have introduced, it is the default. Why is the default layout on the dashboard not the same?

Thanks,

Chris

Hi @Chris99,

No, I think you're talk about one known limitation of dashboard. Group effect of multiple row card should also one of customize style which power bi analysis and converted.

As I said, ping visuals to dashboard will lost all custom styles.  In summary, I think your key question is why power bi dashboard not keep original style.

In my opinion, I think it may due to performance reasons.  If power bi keep custom styles, it should cache each custom properties to service device and loading them when you open dashboard.(It obviously will affect loading performance)

BTW, I also mentioned to use pin live page feature to pin whole report page to dashboard as a tile. For this situation, all customized will be keeps.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft,

This still doesn't address the issue as to why these visuals appear to layout differently on a report and on a dashboard when no custom styling is applied.

Just to address your other point, pinning the whole report is not an option as the dashboard is a high level summary of several areas of the system. This then allows access to numerous reports which focus in greater detail on certain areas. In fact I am struggling to see when I would ever want to pin an entire report to a dashboard.

Thanks again,

Chris

Hi @Chris99 . Were you able to find a solution to this problem.

I have come across this problem witht the mobile view of dashboard. Stangely, when I refresh the dashboard ,the visual format too changes to the prettier version.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.