Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Gaz_Chapp
Frequent Visitor

Columns automatically created on data import

Hi all, I noticed that when I get data tables from and SQL report server, the import function creates multiple colums to the right which are the same type of column as when you merge tables, a column with the split arrow icon in the header.

Is this normal for Power BI and can I/should I disable this feature? Obviously if I click the arrow I can select which columns to keep, but why does PBI do this, is it to assist with data modelling of my new tables?

Sorry if its a bit of a newbie question but I am not sure whay this happens and if I even need it.

Thanks all.

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Gaz_Chapp , I doubt that can happen. There is an option to import relationships from the database in the file-> option and setting -> options. Try to uncheck that and see if it make any difference

Thanks for that, I will check to see if it is the casue, just I don't remember seeing this previously so wondered if it was a setting I had changed inadvertantly maybe! Will let you know how I go. 👍

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.