Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Columns association in query editor

Hi all,

I'm facing an issue in the query editor.

Cado_0-1623742674419.png

On the above screenshot, the referents in the referent column are associated with the IDs of the id column. And the measurements of the measures column are associated with the IDs of the id.1 column.

IDs from both id columns are the same but not in the same order.

My wish is to have the referents associated with the ids of the id.1 column, without using separate tables and then merge tables (because I'm restricted by API limitations).

How would you do that ?

Thanks in advance,

Cado

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Cado_one
Resolver III
Resolver III

After some work on it, a solution was to add a custom column taking for value 1 if id.1=id else 0 and then filter on it to keep only the 1.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Cado_one
Resolver III
Resolver III

After some work on it, a solution was to add a custom column taking for value 1 if id.1=id else 0 and then filter on it to keep only the 1.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Copy this table, remove the first two-column, Remove duplicates for the remaining two-column  this will be table2

From Table1 , remove columns 3,4, if needed remove duplicates.

Merge these two tables now by matching id1. and id

https://radacad.com/append-vs-merge-in-power-bi-and-power-query

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @amitchandak 

As I said in the first message I can't duplicate the table because it will do extra queries and the API limitations don't allow this.

I can't reference neither because their are subsequent steps that delete the IDs columns and more over, references are forbiden for the automatic refresh in the Power BI Service.

Is there an other way to proceed ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.