Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

KishNSI
Frequent Visitor

Columns are not getting pulled through

I'm getting a confusing result from my connection to our Connectwise database that is dramatically interfering with my ability to pull information. I'm pulling in a table that should be a normal, self-contained table, and it is displaying some columns like this. The database information says this is not a view or anything that should be referencing another table like this. Why would values not be getting pulled in here? Am I missing something obvious?

Columns.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@KishNSI,

In Microsoft Power Query, we use the Expand operation to bring related tables back together. Complex columns that can be expanded to expose the inner elements have an expand icon ( Expand column icon ) in the column header.

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Charlie Liao

This isn't a solution. Furthermore,  my CSV file will have the column, but when I did the expand command it doesn't show up. If I type it into the command it will pull it in, but with NULL values. For me, this only started with the June 2020 update.

y confusionM is that these shouldn't be merged tables, these should be fields that are part of the base table I'm using, at least according to the documentation I have. And while the data shows up fine when I try to pull it out in a report, expanding the table doesn't seem to work right, it just grabs this unrelated table's worth of fields and populates it with nulls. Because of that, I can't do any joins like this to get data organized in a way that I can set up certain visuals properly separated by categories.

Maybe this is a problem with the database, but I've just never seen it before. 

EDIT: Ok, it's pulling the data through now. Still a mystery to me as to why it's behaving this way, but at least I can work with the data now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.