Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

KishNSI
Frequent Visitor

Columns are not getting pulled through

I'm getting a confusing result from my connection to our Connectwise database that is dramatically interfering with my ability to pull information. I'm pulling in a table that should be a normal, self-contained table, and it is displaying some columns like this. The database information says this is not a view or anything that should be referencing another table like this. Why would values not be getting pulled in here? Am I missing something obvious?

Columns.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@KishNSI,

In Microsoft Power Query, we use the Expand operation to bring related tables back together. Complex columns that can be expanded to expose the inner elements have an expand icon ( Expand column icon ) in the column header.

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Charlie Liao

This isn't a solution. Furthermore,  my CSV file will have the column, but when I did the expand command it doesn't show up. If I type it into the command it will pull it in, but with NULL values. For me, this only started with the June 2020 update.

y confusionM is that these shouldn't be merged tables, these should be fields that are part of the base table I'm using, at least according to the documentation I have. And while the data shows up fine when I try to pull it out in a report, expanding the table doesn't seem to work right, it just grabs this unrelated table's worth of fields and populates it with nulls. Because of that, I can't do any joins like this to get data organized in a way that I can set up certain visuals properly separated by categories.

Maybe this is a problem with the database, but I've just never seen it before. 

EDIT: Ok, it's pulling the data through now. Still a mystery to me as to why it's behaving this way, but at least I can work with the data now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.