Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Column with Number of working days in the month for each working day.

Dear all,

I have a Table Calendar'[Date] with dates from 01.01.2009 until 31.12.2022. This Table contain also a column IsWoringDay "Yes" or "No". I want to add additional column using DAX which gives me number of Working Days in a month for each working day. For Example: Januar 2009 has 22 Working days and 22 should be displayed in each row were IsWorkingDay = "Yes". Rows with IsWorkingDay = "No" should be empty. Do You have any Idea how to solve it?

Thank You in advance for any help!

2 REPLIES 2
kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous 

Your calculation would simply be WorkingDays = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(Date[DateKey]), Date[IsWorkingDay] = "Yes")

You can then wrap that into an if statement  of Working Days in Month = IF(Date[IsWorkingDay] ="Yes", [WorkingDays], "")

Depending on your column names and table names this could be changed.  My question is why would you want to return a blank? Generally when I create that type of information I use it at a month level anyway to showing 22 working days in January would not need to be seen at a row level below the month. In addition, I would create that as a measure instead of a column and use it in a calculation or to display at a higher granularity than a day level.

If you can provide more information on how this will be used, we can provide additional guidance.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kcantor Thank You for Your reply.

Unfortunately, I get only "1" in each field and not "22" (working days).

I have two tables. 

1. Excel table with values defined for each month.

2. Calculatd table with date in format. 01.01.2019,  02.01.2019 ... 31.12.2019

I want to get avarage amount for each working day (amount in a Month/working days). This should be visualated in a Matrix Table for each day in the month and comparied with other working day values. I have joined this two tables via "CROSSJOIN" function.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.