Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Column to Find days between dates

Hello, I am looking at traffic on a webpage and for a each page, i have a different publish date. I would like to see the number of days since the publish date for each pageview in a new column. 

I tried this but i cant seem to get it to work:

if([Date]>=DATE(2019,6,7) && ([Date]<DATE(2019,6,21))DATE(2019,6,7), DATE(2019,6,21))

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

That is the PowerQuery editor which uses an entirely different language, called M.  Your formula will look something like this.

= if [Date] >= Date.FromText("6/7/2019") and [Date] < Date.FromText("6/21/2019") then Date.FromText("6/7/2019") else Date.FromText("6/21/2019")

I would load it to PowerBI and do it in DAX rather than adding the column in the query editor.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MitchM
Resolver II
Resolver II

Two things, from a dax perspective you are missing a comma. The DAX below is fixed. Also, is [Date] a column or measure? Do you want your output to be a calculated column or measure? This should help direct a better answer should the missing comma not be the problem.

Test = 
IF(
    [Date] >=DATE(2019,6,7) && 
    ( [Date]<DATE(2019,6,21)),
    DATE(2019,6,7),
    DATE(2019,6,21))
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @MitchM

I am looking to produce a calculated column.

I tried your code but i recivere a "Token Literal Expected" Error

Code.PNG

That is the PowerQuery editor which uses an entirely different language, called M.  Your formula will look something like this.

= if [Date] >= Date.FromText("6/7/2019") and [Date] < Date.FromText("6/21/2019") then Date.FromText("6/7/2019") else Date.FromText("6/21/2019")

I would load it to PowerBI and do it in DAX rather than adding the column in the query editor.

jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

Hello @Anonymous ,

Can you give us a screen shot of the table layout?  If you have two columns of dates in a single table [Publish Date] and [Traffic Date] you can just do [Traffic Date] - [Publish Date] in a new column to get the number of days.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Capture.PNG

Yes that would work, but i suppose what i am trying to do is match a view date to a publish date. in pseudo code;

If the "Date" is >= June 7 && < June 21, then the"publish date"is June 7th else, publish date is June 21

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.