Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nenedeloscojone
Frequent Visitor

Column headers

Hi there,

I am new to PowerBI, please excuse the newbie question.

I have a report pulling information from my VFP ERP system. What I don't know how to do is this:

The stock values for items we sell by size. There are 4 tables feeding the information for the report. One database has the style info and contains the stock amounts under columns named Stk1, stk2 ,stk3, etc. One of the columns has the size scale code, and another table has the size scale code with the sizes for each code.

I would like to show the size instead of Stk1, stk2, etc. I would like to see S, M, L as the headers.

How do I accomplish this? Any help would be most appreciated.

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
nenedeloscojone
Frequent Visitor

Hi there,

I would like to clarify my post. 

I am creating a report which draws data from various VFP tables.

The main one contains information of items we currently have in the warehouse.

The report shows the style, the colors the item is available in, with the amounts currently in the warehouse, by size, with a total for each style/color.

Currently these are the column headers of my report:

nenedeloscojone_0-1662580116745.png

What I want to see is instead of the table column headers stk0, stk1, etc, I would like to see the actual size descriptions:

As an example:

nenedeloscojone_1-1662580562128.png

Every item has a different size scale. The item table contains a column called "scale" which shows the scale code say "A1" and the scale is PP 4 5 6 7 7X.

I want to replace the current column headers stk0, stk1, etc and replace them with the actual scale sizes.

So the report would should the headers and the quantity in stock below:

nenedeloscojone_2-1662581182839.png

How do I accomplish the custom column headings?

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Hi,

Remove the skttot column.  Select the first 2 columns, right click on the heading and select "Unpivot Other Columns".  In the Query Editor, you can now join this table with the other one which has the sizes.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/
speedramps
Super User
Super User

We want to help you but your description is too vaugue.

Please write it again clearly.

Provide example input data as table text (not a screen print) so we can import the data to build a soution for you.
Also provide the example desired output, with a clear description of the process flow.

Dont share private data.
Take care to use the same table and field names in the input, output and description so we can understand your problem and help you.

You will get a quick response if you put time and effort into writing clear problem descriptions.

Vaugue descriptions waste your time and ourtime.

Look foward to helping you when the above information is forthcoming.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.