cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frivera Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Column header names

Does anyone have any advice as to why my excel data sheet is no longer loading the column header names? It honestly should've just refreshed and updated info but somehow it didn't happen. I have about 2 days of experience on this software and everything I googled has been really hard for me to understand. I have ensured the column in the excel was made into a table so that the drop down boxes appear and that has not resolved the issue either.  Please advise. power bi column issue.PNGProject type 2 is the updated file and none of the column headers are showing. its the exact same as the top "project type" excell with the exception that there is less rows. Nothing else was changed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rajendran Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Column header names

Hi @frivera

Check the Query Editor and your header may be listed as first row in the data. Click Transform tab, then select "Use first row as headers" option.

Thanks

Raj

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
rajendran Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Hi @frivera

Check the Query Editor and your header may be listed as first row in the data. Click Transform tab, then select "Use first row as headers" option.

Thanks

Raj

View solution in original post

frivera Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thanks so much! I had to delete it and re-add the data to be able to get the right results following your steps but it did work.   

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Topics Started Badges Coming

New Topics Started Badges Coming

We're releasing new versions of the badge that everyone's talking about. ;) Check your inbox for notifications.

MBAS 2020

Save the new date (and location)!

Our business applications community is growing—so we needed a different venue, resulting in a new date and location. See you there!

Difinity Conference

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)