Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

KBUIUS
Helper I
Helper I

Column format

I know powerbi treat everything in a column in a consistent format, like everything has to be either $ or  time/date or whole number. 

But for displaying purpose, I have a need to customize things at row-level like in Excel, ie. this row it's $ amount, next row it's Count, next row is % (users want to see the sign)

Any suggestion to achieve that? please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
serpiva64
Super User
Super User

you can try something like this (look only the format)

Column = if(dimProduct[WeightUnitMeasureID]="grams"FORMAT(dimProduct[Weight],"Fixed"), FORMAT(dimProduct[Weight]/100,"Percent"))

serpiva64_0-1648833287848.png

If this post is useful to help you to solve your issue consider giving the post a thumbs up 

and accepting it as a solution !

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
serpiva64
Super User
Super User

you can try something like this (look only the format)

Column = if(dimProduct[WeightUnitMeasureID]="grams"FORMAT(dimProduct[Weight],"Fixed"), FORMAT(dimProduct[Weight]/100,"Percent"))

serpiva64_0-1648833287848.png

If this post is useful to help you to solve your issue consider giving the post a thumbs up 

and accepting it as a solution !

My bad, I format that column 4Q PR as text, because there are text in the first row of the column. 

So I play with it as text : "$" & value or value &"%".

I try to use it but it doesnt work. I am using a table since Matrix is aggregating everything.

Look at the Test1 measure, even it's Currency or percent it doesnt work.

KBUIUS_1-1648844141146.png

Here is the data

KBUIUS_2-1648844231492.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.