Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Qualube
Helper II
Helper II

Column filtering based on filtered value

Hi

I just need a quick pointer as to which dax function to use as I am a bit confused. I have a table with customer account numbers but I want to filter out certain ones (3 or 4 in a list of 12k) and leave the remainder.

I have spent alot of time looking on the web and reading the various function properties but I can't seem to decide which suits this task best.

I have tried FILTER but this seem to filter by desired values not the ones I don't want, I have also tried ALLEXCEPT but can't seem to find what other function to couple with this.

I am pretty new to DAX and want to learn the language so any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're welcome.

If the "<>" function solves your issue, please mark this issue as solved to help others that might encounter the same issue.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, 

What are you trying to achieve in your list? You could actually filter the column in Edit Query. Or if you are trying to calculate something and you want to leave out specific Account Names, you could use CALCULATE function and in the FILTER part, you could use this:

FILTER( TableName, Table Name [Account Numbers] <> Account Number 1 || Table Name [Account Numbers] <> Account Number 2 .... )

Hope this helps!

Many thanks for the pointer I was almost there, just wasn't aware of <> so the measure I created just need this to achieve the filtered list desired.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're welcome.

If the "<>" function solves your issue, please mark this issue as solved to help others that might encounter the same issue.

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.