Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

pinoaino
Advocate I
Advocate I

Column chart with custom maximum bar width

Hi all,

I've a column chart visual that arrange the width of all vertical bars to fill the entire x axis. It's ok if we have many columns but if we have few the effect is to have large rectangles and sounds like like a fist in one eye.

Ok:

OkOk

KO:

KoKo

Is there a way to set the maximum width to avoid this effect?

Many thank to everyone 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey @pinoaino,

the problem is that we have no solution here.

Either there exists a custom visual on the market place that lets you configure the width or we have to live with that lack of functionality.

BR,

Josef

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
fat_cat
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi, I know this is the old topic, but if you came here searching for a solution - there is an idea you can vote for, regarding this issue:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=dfd73c61-8d1d-ed11-b5cf-281878bd1a94

v-gizhi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

According to your description, you can easily change its render by dragging it to left to shrink the visual, like this:

83.PNG 

| |

\/

82.PNG

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Giotto Zhi

Hi Giotto,
thank you for your suggestion but I didn't found how I can implement the alignment on the left.
Plese be so kind to help me step by step to found this feature.
Thank you
Giuseppe

Hello guys,

@v-gizhi-msft   resizing the chart would have the disadvantage that as soon as new values are added,  @pinoaino would have to resize the chart again. If this is ok four you @pinoaino this is your solution

I can refer you to this idea and the hints given by the readers below. Maybe that helps.

Please check it out and let us know.

Please don't forget to give a 👍 and accept the post as solution. (If it helped 😏)
Have a nice day!

BR,
Josef
Graz - Austria

Thank you Josef for the link that let me tho ask the feature that I need.

My problem still remain because I understand that I need a "MAXIMUM CATEGORY WIDTH" feature not implemented yet.
When the result of a filter is of few column I still have huge columns, use the inner padding can work for few item filtered but when I have many colums the effect is to show a unpleasant scroll bar.

Giuseppe

Hey @pinoaino,

the problem is that we have no solution here.

Either there exists a custom visual on the market place that lets you configure the width or we have to live with that lack of functionality.

BR,

Josef

JosefPrakljacic
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hey @pinoaino,

did you try to play with this settings?

pbidesktop.png

Please don't forget to give a 👍 and accept the post as solution.
Have a nice day!

BR,
Josef
Graz - Austria

Thank you Josef,

I didn't use this options before and it will help me but not enough.
The problem is that seems that the "Maximum size" doesn't have any effect.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.