cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nadavbi
Frequent Visitor

Column and Dot Chart - Colors and Labels

Trying to show the absolute number and % (secondary Y-axis) for each category, so each column should have its own color.

Using Line and Stacked Column Chart, I put the absolute number as column value and % as line, while putting the same category value both as Shared Axis and Column Series.

Problem is, I get a dot for each % that doesn't match the color of the column. I also couldn't find a way to show only labels for one of the values (just line/just column).

Any ideas on how to solve this/other solution?

2020-02-20_16-38-04.png

3 REPLIES 3
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@nadavbi I spent sometime to figure out if there is any way but no success. I guess this is something you need to post on ideas forum and might get some attention. You can manually change the color for 2nd axis (line chart) but I know it is not very scalable solution. I was also thinking to use Measure for the color and I tried it, but no success. All of all it looks like it is not possible to achieve what you are looking for. Great question though.

You can surely look at custom visuals at market place if something fulfill your needs. Good luck!

Would appreciate Kudos 🙂 if my solution helped.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution.

Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

nadavbi
Frequent Visitor

Thanks. As far as I see it when I apply the settings that get these dots (instead of a line), there's no real option to change even manually their colors

@nadavbi you cannot manually change the color of bars but you can manually change the colors of line/dots

image.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution.

Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

charticulator_carousel_with_text (1).png

Charticulator Design Challenge

Put your data visualization and design skills to the test! This exciting challenge is happening now through May 31st!

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Power BI Release May 2022 768x460.png

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the May 2022 updates!