Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

marimar
Frequent Visitor

Column added in data tab not shown in query editor

Hello to all,

I am a beginner user of Power BI and I added a calculated column on the tab data (and not in the source data) to produce some pivot tables.

However the added column is not shown in the query editor.

Should I just make the calculations during producing the pivot tables? I would like to find the percentage of 2 sums of grouped features.

Many thanx for any insights!

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you add a column using 'Modeling->New Column' it wont show up in query editor, its scope is limited to report only i.e. after the data is populated and query editor steps are completed.

If you want to add column at query editor level, got to query editor ->Add Column -> Conditional Column.

This one would be added as a step in data tranformation.

Do you know how I can calculate fields in Power BI as in excel pivot tables? I want to have a pivot table in power BI. The values must be the ratio of 2 column

Hi @marimar,

It's different in Power BI. No columns are needed. Maybe a measure is enough. The result could be as follows.

Column1    Column2      Measure (the formula is = sum('table'[Column1]) / sum('table'[Column2]))

If you would like the details, please provide a sample data.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.