Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

smpa01
Super User
Super User

Column Value differs in Data and Report View

Hi,

I have experienced this for the first time, that a column value has become 0 when the data was orgainsed in Table Visualization. However, when I see it in the Data view it gives me the correct value.

Does any one know why it happens and how can I prvent it from happening in Table

23.PNG33.PNGCapture 2.PNGCapture.PNG

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Proud to be a Super User!
My custom visualization projects
Plotting Live Sound: Viz1
Beautiful News:Viz1, Viz2, Viz3
Visual Capitalist: Working Hrs
5 REPLIES 5
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @smpa01,

Can you share the pbix file please? You can delete the confidential parts first.

I tested it and found two possible types of aggregation could return 0. 

Column_Value_differs_in_Data_and_Report_View

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Dale,

Many thanks for getting back to me. I tried and unfortunately could not replicate the same PBIX without deleting the confidential part.

However, by looking at your file, I realized that in the table visualisation the data was summarized. I perormed "Don't summarize" and the cells with 0 value before returned their correct value.I found this very strange though.

You mentioned about two possibilites while aggregating that could return 0. I am guessing that STDEV is one of them. My data was simply summarized and standard deviation was not performed.

Can you please share some insight on what is the other possibility when it returns 0 value.

Thank you.

Hi @smpa01,

That's very strange. I tried but can't find out any possibilities. I don't need the whole file. You can only keep the data that can show up the issue. BTW, please upgrade to the latest Desktop.

Best Regards,

Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-jiascu-msft

I have tried to recreate the issue by keeping only the columns where it returns the 0 value. But I could not succeed. 

For now, I am using"Don't Summarize" as by doing that it shows the correct value. When I apply "Sum" for some cells it turns to 0 but the sum does not take 0's into considertaion.

I am currently using the up-to-date PBI Desktop.

Thanks again.

Hi @smpa01,

I have to say I can't do anything without the file. This issue is quite weird. Two ways here:

1. Replace the confidential parts and if the issue still exists, please send me the file.

Tips: you can copy all the data in the Data view by "Copy Table".

2. File a support ticket here.

create ATicket

Best Regards,

Dale

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.