Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

landland

Column Tools tab does not show up

A friend of mine has been working on a report but the Column Tools Tab just won't show up no matter what. I tried to recreate what he did using the same dataset but everything is fine at my end. Could this possibly to a vesion issue? Any help is appreciated!

9 REPLIES 9
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

I did everything I read, it didn't work until I clicked on the file, where the Data is and Table Tools appeared, then the click was on one of its columns and guess * Column Tools appeared! I don't know how to give up!!

sunil_raskar

sunil_raskar_0-1687492197605.png

Search the column that you want format in right hand panel and then select it. the Column Tool will pop in the top menu automatically.

abdulbasit170

Hello guyz, 

I have found it, under the data tab, 
select data tab -> select the column -> column tools will appear. 

abdulbasit170_1-1669988834493.png

abdulbasit170

I am facing the similar problem with my Power BI. I can't find the Columns Tools option anywhere. 

Does anyone found the solution? 

Regards, 

jaryszek
Post Patron
Post Patron

Ok i got it, it was not in power query editor only in report view.

Best wishes,
thanks for help,
Jacek

v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @landland ,

Maybe its a version problem and try to reinstall or download the latest version of power bi desktop:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=58494

If it is still someting wrong, you can post more details for further discussion.

Best Regards,

Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

az38
Community Champion
Community Champion

@landland 

yes, it could be a version issue, but also check "Updated ribbon" option in Preview features section PBI options

Снимок.PNG

do not hesitate to give a kudo to useful posts and mark solutions as solution
LinkedIn

hello az38, 

I am not able to find the update ribbon feature too in the Power BI. Following is my screenshot

abdulbasit170_0-1669988185352.png

I am in report view, not transform data, when I click on my table I do not have the Columns Tools tab. I went to Options, i do not have the update ribbon in my list. I have a table I am trying to sort by "Department" and then "Last Name". I can't find the sort option anywhere. Any other suggestions?  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.