cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Column Name from PowerQuery does not flow thru to PowerBI desktop?

I have a column name in PowerQue which presents itself with a different name in PowerBI desktop. How can I keep the name that is presented in PowerQuery. 

It's name is "Dest Post Code". When the column is presented in PowerBI desktop it is presented as "Trax 719-13.Dest Post Code." I recognize the "Trax719-13" as an old name of the table this column is coming from (I have since changed the table name to just "Trax")

How can I get the column name to flow thru to PowerBI desktop as the same name as in Power Query?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV

Re: Column Name from PowerQuery does not flow thru to PowerBI desktop?

Just double click the column name and rename it in Desktop.

---------------------------------------

Putting square pegs in round holes since 1972.

I have a NEW book! 
DAX Cookbook from Packt
Over 120 DAX Recipes!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Column Name from PowerQuery does not flow thru to PowerBI desktop?

Hi @jcueland ,

Did you apply the change after you changed the field name in Power Query Editor? It would not take effect if you didn't click the button "Apply" or "Close & Apply" in below screen shot after change field name.

rename_2.jpg

Best Regards

Rena

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Upcoming Events

Upcoming Events

Wondering what events you could join or have an event to promote yourself? Check out our Upcoming Events.

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

We are thrilled to announce we will begin running a monthly webinar series named Power BI Dev Camp.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors