Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Column Name Changes when Sharepoint list is imported in PBI

Hi All,

When I tried to import a Sharepoint List in PBI Desktop I realized that 90% of the columns are extraced with different names.

Kindly help me out with this issue.

Thanks,

Sru

8 REPLIES 8
TechBrad

I would imagine this option was not available back when y'all originally ran into the issue.   But 6 years later, I ran into the same issue and I'm sharing what fixed mine.

ISSUE:  Connecting to a SharePoint list from PowerBI was renaming all my columns to generic/random names Examples: "Field1, Field2, Field3, Field4" 

SOLUTION:  Use the 'SHAREPOINT ONLINE LISTS' option (not SharePoint Lists) and choose Implementation 2.0  (It defaults to 1.0)

PowerBI Desktop version

2.114.864.0 64-bit (February 2023)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello - was anyone able to come up with a solution for this? i'm running into the same issue.

Thanks,

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello - was anyone able to come up with a solution for this? i'm running into the same issue.

Thanks,

Same here - column names are truncated

PowerBIsv
Frequent Visitor

Same problem...

The first name I set to the column will be forever...

Even if I start all over an do a fresh import.

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

I just verified that column names are kept without changing when importing a Sharepoint List in PBI Desktop. I'm using the latest version of Power BI Desktop(2.46.4732.721 64-bit (May 2017)). 

Could you post some screenshort for this issue? Smiley Happy

Regards

Same problem, on import Power BI not include all column name from Sharepoint list, please see screenshots!

saf
Regular Visitor

Is anybody here?

saf
Regular Visitor

Is no solution for this problem???

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.