Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Column Missing when importing Salesforce Data as an Object

Hello everyone,

I am importing data from Salesforce into Power BI. Right now I am connected to Salesforce Reports, but I would like to connect to Salesforce Objects to remove the 2000 row limit. When I import data from Salesforce as an object one of the essential columns is missing (opportunity owner). When I pull the data in from the Salesforce Reports opportunity owner is available. Any ideas as to why this may be happening?

Thanks,

Joshua Cortigiano

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Link,

Thanks a lot. Checking off "include relationship columns" before connecting to Salesforce brought new columns and the opportunity owner is now included, that was a big relief!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SDittmannFleet
Advocate III
Advocate III

I have the same issues. There is one table that has a handful more than 136 columns, but it truncates the number of fields. I have unchecked the "relationship columns", but that made no difference. I have another with 125 columns, same thing. The columns are missing right from the get-go.

v-xulin-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous

There's a limit on the number of fields a query to Salesforce can contain. The limit varies depending on the type of the columns, the number of computed columns, and so on.

Maybe this cause your issue, it means that your query exceeds the limit. To avoid this error, use the Select Query advanced option and specify fields that you really need.

For more information, you can refer:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-query/connectors/salesforceobjects#known-issues-and-limitations

Best Regards,

Link

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution. Really appreciate!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Link,

Thanks a lot. Checking off "include relationship columns" before connecting to Salesforce brought new columns and the opportunity owner is now included, that was a big relief!

Hi @Anonymous,

Is your issue solved?

If the issue has been solved, please adopt the solution to help others.

If you still have some question, please don't hesitate to let me known.‌‌

Best Regards,

Link

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution. Really appreciate!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.