Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

HasanK
Helper I
Helper I

Column Matches

Hi,

I would like to learn wherher there is a solution; there are two or more different reports which have similar data but under different column names such one report contains Date, Customer Name, Product And Quantity, ... Other report has the same data but under different column names and different places on the table such as Musteri Adi (Customer Name), Tarih (Date), Miktar (Quantity), Urun (Product) ... How can I match the columns while appending the reports?

Best Regards, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Mariusz
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @HasanK 

Sure, its because I forgot to mention a rather imported thing, the function is using one of the columns in the columns mapping table, to fix the error you can rename the column names or adjust the function.

image.pngimage.png

Best Regards,
Mariusz

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution.

Please feel free to connect with me.
LinkedIn

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Mariusz
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @HasanK 

Just change the column names in one table to align with the other before you append.

Best Regards,
Mariusz

LinkedIn

Hi @Mariusz 

Yes excatly Ihave done this methot, my challanges is each week new sales reports come from different customers, similar formats but different languages and some contain additional unsuseful data, it takses a time, I need a kind of connector or something  

Mariusz
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @HasanK 

Please see the attached with a solution, it can be set as per below.

You can create an extra table with all the possible column names and translations, in the attached example table name is columnsMapping.

Create a function that will check names in the given file against your mapping table and rename the column accordingly, in my example the function name is renameColumns and it's applied as a step in the data table, but if you work with folders that could be adjusted to a column and invoked as "Invoke Custom Function" that way you could expand all columns together without extra step to append.

let me know if anything isn't clear.

Best Regards,
Mariusz

LinkedIn

Hi @Mariusz ,

Thanks for sharing, this is my first experience, I am rookie... I have got an error, 

An error occurred in the ‘’ query. Expression.Error: The field 'find' of the record wasn't found.
Details:
Find=Disty
Replace=01_Disty

Mariusz
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @HasanK 

Sure, its because I forgot to mention a rather imported thing, the function is using one of the columns in the columns mapping table, to fix the error you can rename the column names or adjust the function.

image.pngimage.png

Best Regards,
Mariusz

LinkedIn

Hi @Mariusz,

It was case sensitive, thank you very much...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.