Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Column 'Id' in Table 'Calendar' contains a duplicate value

I've started to use the Power Query to report on my Office 365 Calendar items.

Everything has been going great until I started receiving the following.

Calendar
Column 'Id' in Table 'Calendar' contains a duplicate value
'AAMkAGZlZDRjZTRlLWUyYTctNGIyMS1iZjRmLWFjMGFhYWRkNzViNwBGAAAAAAANMGR4jJqlTqEyutq1oSUzBwCmVRYm1JyzSqTMfdQjI4uZAAAJYCqbAADc0h0xbyxxSLBtMWkmZUv2AAACD/nFAAA='
and this is not allowed for columns on the one side of a many-to-one relationship or for columns that are used as the primary key of a table.

The first time it happened I removed one of the conflicting items, only have another come back with different new items. And so on.

I feel as though I am chasing my tail.

I was under the impression that the ID for each calendar item was unique and therefore I could use it in table relationships.

Am I incorrect in my thinking? Is there a better way to do this?

I could use some input, as my BI reporting is mostly useless unless I can remove these ID issues. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

First check the relationship in Manage Relationships to see if correct relationships are created. Then, go to Query Editor,  right click the [Id] Column select "Remove duplicate".

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

This worked for me.

I'm not sure what happened as I hadn't touched my dataset queries in weeks...just having the 'daily refresh' go out there and do its API calls to grab new data. Failed starting yesterday and opened the pbix via desktop app and sure enough, there were a *ton* of random relationships built for whatever reason.

Removed all of them, refreshed the data, republished and everything is back to normal.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.