Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Abduvali
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Column Header Auto-Resize

Hi Guys,

There is an option on the new matrix preview to turn on or off column auto-sizing that I have an issue with. Even after I turn this off in the preview though it seems to still resize when I drill up/down and if I switch on word wrap it will still resize the column. This is the only step preventing me from finalising my report and publishing it to a wider audience as it's very inconvenient to see all tables resize. 

Thanks,

Ali

5 REPLIES 5
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Abduvali,

I could reproduce this behavior in my environment. I have reported this problem internally. Thanks for your sharing.

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yulgu-msft,

Do you know if there is a fix for this problem yet?  Or a work around?

Thanks,

Margaux

Hi @margauxbrand@v-yulgu-msft,

Seems like there was a bug that was causing it but after November update all good now on my side.

@v-yulgu-msft can you please close the thread.

Thank you.

Regards

Abduvali

Hi @Abduvali & @v-yulgu-msft,

I have the latest version of Power BI desktop (November 2017 update) and my problem is that the width of the columns don't stay as I manually amended them to be.  Which I understood was the same issue @Abduvali noted a while ago.  You say that it is fixed, do you mind commenting on the method I list below of how I go about doing this?  I am obviously missing a trick..

The steps I follow:

- using Power BI Desktop (November 2017 update)

- create a matrix visualisation

- matrix has 4 columns and 4 rows of which the column names are longish and in order to fit more visualisations on the page, I want to manually amend the width of the columns

- manually resize the width of the columns

- navigate to the format section for the visualisations, under column headers select 'Auto-size column width' = Off and 'Word wrap = On.

Once the above is done and looks all ok, I navigate to another tab and when I come back to the one I amended the width has been reset to what it was originally again.

Any advice on a step that I have missed?

Thanks,

Margaux

Hi @Abduvali & @v-yulgu-msft,

I have worked out that even though it is not displaying correctly on my Power BI desktop, the report actually displays as intended once uploaded to the web.

Thanks,

Margaux

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.