Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Column Chart and Slicer

Hi,

I have a column chart which uses City and Population. In the same page, is a slicer for City. These two do not interact as when user selects the City, they can see where the selected City stands against others. For this purpose, I would like to change the color of the selected city so it's hihglighted. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks and appreciate your help and time.

Smitha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on your description, you are using live connection mode.

It is suggested that you do not use the city column as the slicer, drag the city column into the table view, click the city field to interact with the column chart and highlight it.

test_highlight.PNG

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on your description, you are using live connection mode.

It is suggested that you do not use the city column as the slicer, drag the city column into the table view, click the city field to interact with the column chart and highlight it.

test_highlight.PNG

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Liang,

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, this doesn't work as I have other KPIs I am showing along with the chart.  If I don't find any other way, I will use this and accept this as your solution.

Thanks,

Smitha

Hi @Anonymous ,

Thanks for your update.

If there is a more effective solution, you can also update it in time and mark your reply as the answer so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

Best Regards,
Liang

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Would need to understand data layout for this. Is City slicer using the same City column as the column in your table visual? 

If so, I would create a separate City table, use SELECTEDVALUE to grab that and use that within a flag measure where you compare IF(MAX('Table'[City]) = SELECTEDVALUE('Cities'[City']),1,0)

Use that measure as conditional formatting.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Greg. 

Unfortunately I can't create a table as I use Power BI as the front end and everything is on Cube. 

OK, so you have used Edit Interactions to disable the slicer from affecting the table? Please confirm and I will take a look.

Latest book!:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I have disabled the interaction between the two. 

Thanks so much.

OK, I'll look but not sure there is a solution here since the Matrix visualization will likely not be able to grab the slicer value because there is no context for it within the visual, the only context for City is going to come from the matrix visual.

Latest book!:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.