Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Column Chart Percentages not Equal to Matrix Percentages

I am trying to create a clustered column chart to display the data in my matrix, but when you hover over the columns to get the exact percentage and not the rounded percentage, the percentage is slightly off. 

I want to know what percentage of particpants responded Strongly Agree, Agree, Neutral, Disagree, or Strongly Disagree to Q1 within each year.

I first created a measure to count the number of responses for each response option. 

Count-Q1= COUNT(Satisfaction_Survey[Q1]). 

I then created another measure: 

%= DIVIDE(Table1[Count-Q1], CALCULATE(Table1[Count-Q1], ALLEXCEPT(Satisfaction_Survey,Satisfaction_Survey[SurveyYear])))

For my matrix, I have Q1 for rows and survey year for columns. I used the percent of column total of Q1 for the value. Can someone please help me to determine why my measures are not giving me the exact percentages as my matrix? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous,

It seems that you may just select Percentage format under Modeling tab.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous,

It seems that you may just select Percentage format under Modeling tab.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I format the original measure, I am getting close to the correct percentages. I need to filter out any response that is BLANK or NA - Not Applicable, but I am not sure how to edit my measure to do so. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

When I change it to percentage for format, it changes the matric count. If I change my graph measure to percentage format, the percentages are way off (see attachment). When I change my measure to show the value as the percent of grand total, the rounding is correct, but when you hover over, the percentages are slightly off (see attachment). Thank you! #respondPercentformat.jpgpercent example.jpgpercent format.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the issue is that I am including ALL values in my measure for my graph, whereas I am not including Blanks or NA in my matrix. How do I edit my measure to not include Blanks and NA when calculating percentages? My current measure is: 

#ofRespondentsT = DIVIDE(COUNTA(Satisfaction_Survey[Time]), CALCULATE(COUNTA(Satisfaction_Survey[Time]), ALLEXCEPT(Satisfaction_Survey,Satisfaction_Survey[SurveyYear])))
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I think the issue is that I am including ALL values in my measure for my graph, whereas I am not including Blanks or NA in my matrix. How do I edit my measure to not include Blanks and NA when calculating percentages? My current measure is: 

#ofRespondentsT = DIVIDE(COUNTA(Satisfaction_Survey[Time]), CALCULATE(COUNTA(Satisfaction_Survey[Time]), ALLEXCEPT(Satisfaction_Survey,Satisfaction_Survey[SurveyYear])))

Hi,

Please have a look at this.

The example used at the bottom of that page might solve your problem although you need to change a bit.

Kind regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.