Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JotaL
Frequent Visitor

Column Chart - Change axis to quarter but keep monthly colums

I wanted to simulate in a column stacked chart a target vs realized quarterly evolution of Gross Margin as shown below. 

JotaL_0-1622643366093.png

To do this, I had to create 3 calculated columns:

Target - populates only months 1, 4, 7 and 10

Gross Margin Red - takes realized gross margin only when it is below target, if not zero, and populates only months 2, 5, 8 and 11

Gross Margin Green - takes realized gross margin when it is above target, zero otherwise, populating also months 2, 5, 8 and 11

For Months 3, 6, 9 and 12, all calculated columns will return zero.

JotaL_1-1622645653287.png

These columns were used then in a stacked column chart, as referred, with monthly values, but the idea is to look in fact a clustered columns chart representing the quarters, with a space between the cluster (achieved by having just zeros in months 3, 6, 9 and 12). It works quite fine, I can even emulate conditional formating for realized gross margin. The only downside is the fact I see the axis in months. I would like to see quarters, and only once per quarter.

Any ideas on how to do it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JotaL 

Sorry for not very clear about result you want, do you mean you want the Stacked column chart to show like this?

v-xiaotang_0-1622783549049.png

if so, i'm afraid this is impossible.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JotaL 

Sorry for not very clear about result you want, do you mean you want the Stacked column chart to show like this?

v-xiaotang_0-1622783549049.png

if so, i'm afraid this is impossible.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you. It is exactly what i was looking for. I guess I will have to some manual tweaking.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.