Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ajnunezjr
Regular Visitor

Column A is what percent of Column B measure

Hello all, I have a single table with two columns, Estimated Revenue and Actual Revenue. I'm looking to find what percent Estimated Revinue is of Actaul Revenue. For example if Estimated Revenue is 300 and Actual Revenue is 10 then Percent = 3. Not sure how to do this as you'd have to move the decimal over 2 spaces after dividing. Any help is greatly appreiciated. My goal is to add color saturation to a tree map, the closer to 0% the more red, the closer to 100% the more green etc. Thanks everyone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @ajnunezjr,

Based on my test, you could refer to below formula:

Measure = DIVIDE(CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Projected value])),CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Actual value])))

Result:

1.PNG

You could also download the pbix file to have a view.

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dedelman_clng
Community Champion
Community Champion

In the example you give, 300/10 = 30, which as a percentage would be 3000%.  Are you sure that's what you want?

In any case, once you create the calculated column (or measure), you can set it to format "Percentage" on the Modelling tab.  It will display as a percentage such as 99.75%

Capture.PNG

Hope this helps

David

Thanks @dedelman_clng, but I may not be clear with what I'm asking for. I've attached my sample query below. But my goal is to create the measure to show me what percent "Projected Revenue" is of "Actual Value". So if in Projected Value is 10 and Actual is 100 my new column should read 10%.

Capture.JPG

Hi @ajnunezjr,

Based on my test, you could refer to below formula:

Measure = DIVIDE(CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Projected value])),CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Actual value])))

Result:

1.PNG

You could also download the pbix file to have a view.

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.