Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Colour filter day

Hi,

Based on a previous post of me (Click), I want to give the days in the past a colour. How can I do that? Is that possible in Power BI? 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

After my test, i think you should not add other check measure into original measure because the merged measure will apply all conditions that you defined.

See this, as below shows, the [Date] and [Percentage] both apply two conditions in switch function.

Measure =
SWITCH (
    TRUE (),
    MAX ( 'Table'[Date] ) < TODAY (), "#FF0000",
    MAX ( 'Table'[Percentage] ) > 0.8, "#dd7c19"
)

3.PNG

So i advise you create two color measures in this case and apply them to two fields.

Like this:

Color_1 = IF(MAX('Table'[Date])<TODAY(),"#FF0000")

Color_2 = IF(MAX('Table'[Percentage])>0.8,"#dd7c19")

5.PNG

See my attached pbix file.

Best Regards,

Giotto

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , you can create a color measure like this (using switch true() or  if )

Color Date = if(FIRSTNONBLANK(Table[date],TODAY()) <today(),"lightgreen","red")

And in conditional formatting choose "field" option and use this measure.

Refer :
https://radacad.com/dax-and-conditional-formatting-better-together-find-the-biggest-and-smallest-numbers-in-the-column
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-conditional-table-formatting

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak Im not able to choose this measure. I can choose other measure which I created but this one is not possible to choose.

@Anonymous , as long you create the new one as a measure you should able to do that.

Color Field Value.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak Is it possible to expand this measure? I have percentages for the dates. Can I also add colours for the percentages, for example if a percentage is higher dan 80% than the colour should be orange.

@Anonymous , you can create as complex as you want using if or switch and using measure or paramter values

example

Color Date = if(FIRSTNONBLANK(Table[date],TODAY()) <today(),"lightgreen","red")

if(FIRSTNONBLANK(Table[Value],"true") "true","green","red")

Color sales = if(AVERAGE(Sales[Sales Amount])<170,"green","red")
Color Year = if(FIRSTNONBLANK(Table[Year],2014) <=2016,"lightgreen",if(FIRSTNONBLANK(Table[Year],2014)>2018,"red","yellow"))

Color  = if(FIRSTNONBLANK(Table[Year],2014) <=2016 && AVERAGE(Sales[Sales Amount])<170 
,"lightgreen",if(FIRSTNONBLANK(Table[Year],2014)>2018,"red","yellow"))
Color sales = if([Sales Today] -[sales yesterday]>0,"green","red")
Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak But it is not possible to add in this measure another measure? I need to define the colours based on a measure I created.

Hi,

After my test, i think you should not add other check measure into original measure because the merged measure will apply all conditions that you defined.

See this, as below shows, the [Date] and [Percentage] both apply two conditions in switch function.

Measure =
SWITCH (
    TRUE (),
    MAX ( 'Table'[Date] ) < TODAY (), "#FF0000",
    MAX ( 'Table'[Percentage] ) > 0.8, "#dd7c19"
)

3.PNG

So i advise you create two color measures in this case and apply them to two fields.

Like this:

Color_1 = IF(MAX('Table'[Date])<TODAY(),"#FF0000")

Color_2 = IF(MAX('Table'[Percentage])>0.8,"#dd7c19")

5.PNG

See my attached pbix file.

Best Regards,

Giotto

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-gizhi-msft This seems useful. However I don't know how you added the measures to the columns. Also with downloading the file I can't figure it out. Could you explain that to me?

Hi,

See this:

12.PNG

Best Regards,

Giotto

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-gizhi-msft I am making this measure now but it seems that it is not possible to use in this measure another measure. I calculate my percentages based on a measure.

Hi,

I think you should create the same amount of measures to define each field and apply to each field.

Best Regards,

Giotto

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-gizhi-msft But if you use your measure with the switch function etc it also does not show the days in the past blue. In the other graph it does but I want it like this: 

Together= SWITCH(TRUE(); [PercentageHours] <0,8; "green"; [PercentageHours] <0,9; "orange"; [PercentageHours] <1; "red"; [PercentageHours] >1; "darkred"; MAX('Calendar'[Date]) <TODAY(); "blue")
But it is not showing the days in the past blue with this measure.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.