Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Colors clustered column chart

Hello,

I am currently creating a dashboard and would like to use a "Line and Clustered column chart". However, when I add several indices the color fade.

VictoriaD_2-1646320831897.png

I would like to have a coloration as the one obtained with the stacked column chart, or at least somewhere in the middle.

VictoriaD_1-1646320800204.png

How can I do so ?

Best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ErikSnijders
Regular Visitor

Hello VictoriaD,

I think the problem is that the columns are too thin. Consider widening them by navigating to Format > Visual > Columns > Spacing > increaese minimum category width.

Let me know if that works.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Mayank_Yavda
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @Anonymous ,

Here, is bar chart with custom colour formatting based on percentages it will you to get all the X axis values without scrolling and you can change the legends colour from legend formatting options. Hope this helps you

Bar chart with custom colour formatting based on percentages, PBIVizEdit.comBar chart with custom colour formatting based on percentages, PBIVizEdit.com              Bar chart with custom colour formatting based on percentages, PBIVizEdit.comBar chart with custom colour formatting based on percentages, PBIVizEdit.com

Download link for the custom visual file in this page,

https://pbivizedit.com/gallery/bar-chart-with-colour-formatting-based-on-percentage 

This was made with our Custom Visual creator tool PBIVizEdit.com. With this tool,

• anyone, irrespective of technical skills, can create their own visuals
  • 15 minutes to create a visual from scratch
  • opens up many additional attributes to edit (for e.g. labels, tooltips, legends position, etc)

Give this a shot and let us know if you face any problem/errors.
You can use the editor to modify your visual further (some modifications cannot be done in Power BI window and have to be in editor).

Thanks,
Team PBIVizEdit

v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

I am currently creating a dashboard and would like to use a "Line and Clustered column chart". However, when I add several indices the color fade.

I would like to have a coloration as the one obtained with the stacked column chart, or at least somewhere in the middle.

So you want the legend color to be more easily recognizable.
One way to do this is to manually change the color of the data color and choose the brighter color.
A quicker way is to select a highlighted theme in the view.

vangzhengmsft_0-1646793494246.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Zeon Zheng

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello ErikSnijders,

Thank you for your reply! I am not sure where I can access this :

VictoriaD_1-1646324774480.png

jaideepnema
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous ,

Try using the below highligted options in format->X Axis . 

jaideepnema_0-1646321958674.png

Please accept this as a solution if your question has been answered !!

Appreciate a Kudos 😀

Connect with me on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jaideepnema/

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, thank you for your answer ! Then I would have to choose my data as Categorical, isn't it ? Because when I do so I have a scrolling bar and cannot see the whole plot at once :

VictoriaD_0-1646324452863.png

And this does not change with the different parameters I use. Do you know how I could do ? Best !

Yes thats right !! These options will only be available with the axis as categorical. 

ErikSnijders
Regular Visitor

Hello VictoriaD,

I think the problem is that the columns are too thin. Consider widening them by navigating to Format > Visual > Columns > Spacing > increaese minimum category width.

Let me know if that works.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.