Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kevin_p

Colors are different between Power BI Desktop and PowerPoint

Hello,

For a customer I'm trying to create a custom company-design with predefined color hex codes per unit.

However the colors look different between Power BI Desktop and PowerPoint. The colors seems to be a bit more faded in Power BI Desktop compared to the same hex code in PowerPoint.

PowerPoint (hex: #F58732):

orange-pptx.png

Power BI (hex: #F58732):

orange-pbix.png

I have tested Power BI a bit further by adding a shape and giving the exact same color code and it still produces that slightly more brownish color instead of the bright orange color.

Does anyone know what is causing this and how we can overcome it?

Regar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @kevin_p 

According to your problem description, I did some searches on the internal website, in fact, for this issue of color mismatch of opening Power BI reports between different products, technical support has previously submitted a problem to the product group, and the iCM ID is 315913485

So far, the product group admits that this is an internal Power BI issue, but since the fix to this problem and the exact matching of the color need to consider a lot of surface area, the work is relatively time-consuming, so the product group currently gives the plan to fix it in the next semester, but this is not a promise, and any number of environmental changes may reduce the priority of the feature fix.

Thank you for your feedback, and I'll be here to keep updating you if there are any updates or plans to reveal any updates or plans to fix this issue in the future.

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @kevin_p 

According to your problem description, I did some searches on the internal website, in fact, for this issue of color mismatch of opening Power BI reports between different products, technical support has previously submitted a problem to the product group, and the iCM ID is 315913485

So far, the product group admits that this is an internal Power BI issue, but since the fix to this problem and the exact matching of the color need to consider a lot of surface area, the work is relatively time-consuming, so the product group currently gives the plan to fix it in the next semester, but this is not a promise, and any number of environmental changes may reduce the priority of the feature fix.

Thank you for your feedback, and I'll be here to keep updating you if there are any updates or plans to reveal any updates or plans to fix this issue in the future.

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.